Seeking Outdoor Sales Agent
If you have experience in hardscape design and love sketching designs for outside structures, this is the job for YOU. As one of our Outside Sales Representatives, you will be a part of creating some of the best-built outdoor structures in the Chicagoland area.
You will use your sales and landscape design skills to conduct in-home sales presentations and help customers to enhance their lifestyles.
We are looking for motivated individuals interested in a long-term sales career to join our outside sales team. As an outside sales rep, you will learn new skills by working with our experienced sales professionals to support customer relationships and grow profitable sales.
You'll identify and cultivate new prospects from residential territories. We also have extensive direct mail, online, and referral networks that help with leads.
You'll meet with homeowners to educate them on the services offered by Woodridge Deck & Gazebo. Upon assignment, you will be ready to use our innovative tools and internal resources to cultivate shared success for you, Woodridge Deck & Gazebo, and our customers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- This position requires customer focus and the ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Must have reliable transportation
- Desirable: Experience with hardscape design such as grade changes and landscape sketching, deck design, and landscape design.
- Experience estimating projects with accurate measurements and price product proposals
- Must be strategic and on top of product and market knowledge to build relationships, network, link resources, and apply business practices
- Must be goal-driven, have good organizational and administration skills in order to self-manage and complete relevant paperwork.
- Must maintain a valid state Driver’s License and safe driving record
- One-year previous sales, business, or construction experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Consistent walking and canvassing of territory, on foot and meeting with homeowners
- Ability to present, pitch, and deliver a brief sales meeting in person at a customer's home on a consistent basis
- Accurately measure home and project areas, and canvas property during meetings with homeowners
Our ideal candidate understands that truth and product knowledge will take them a long way. They will be genuine and sincere when sharing their designs and knowledge of the different products we offer.
Customer Appointments may include evenings and Saturdays
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must sign a confidentiality agreement
Compensation: $42,000 base salary plus commission
Woodridge Deck & Gazebo is an Equal Opportunity/M/F/Veteran/Disabled Employer. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.